RSR Justice is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to providing top quality candidates and services to the offender rehabilitation and supervision work sectors.
RSR are currently recruiting for a Health & Wellbeing Practitioner.
Our client, a social enterprise with charitable status that empowers people to break the often interlinked cycles of crime and addiction to move forward with their lives, is looking for a Health and Wellbeing Practitioner to join their team on a remote basis. This role will be remote based with requirement to travel throughout the county meeting service users at hubs and co-location with probation services across a range of mandated locations.
The post requires experience of working with complex and vulnerable people and an understanding of the residential setting within the Criminal Justice System.
The post holder must adhere to all policies in respect of the sensitive/confidential nature of the information handled whilst working in this position.
On occasions some flexibility will be required in this role which may include working evening hours with prior notice. You may also be required to attend our head office for training.
Location: Remote, with travel around the Bedfordshire Area
Contract: 3 months
Work hours: Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm
Salary: £19.50 per hour
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be required to manage a diverse case load with a range of complexities and risk levels.
- You will be responsible for completing comprehensive assessments, creating a collaborative action plan, delivering structured one to one and group work sessions whilst maintaining accurate record keeping throughout.
- You will be responsible for adhering to the targets set by Forward and the local commissioners.
- Carry out risk, initial/comprehensive assessments to inform action planning.
- Deliver both 1:1 sessions and group work/programme facilitation as identified on action plan.
- You are required to deliver face to face interventions across your region (virtual delivery may at times be required).
- To comply with contractual service level agreements/key performance targets, ensuring all timeframes are met.
- Ensure Personal Wellbeing programmes are facilitated/co-facilitated to the standard required by Forward Trust and in accordance with any relevant manuals.
- Plan and manage caseload effectively, making sure that service users are prioritised
- Appropriately and seen in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain effective relationships, communication and liaison with all stakeholders; including sign posting to relevant agencies.
- Meet targets and deadlines in accordance with Personal Well Being contractual standards.
- Contribute to the overall smooth running of the Personal Well Being service by being proactive and solution focused.
- Attendance and contribution at all key relevant meetings as required.
- Raise/report safeguarding concerns in a timely manner to statutory agencies; including alerting Probation and all designated safeguarding leads to any risks identified.
- Follow all policies ensuring effective and immediate record keeping where applicable
- Actively input into multi-disciplinary reviews for service users where required.
- Maintain all service user records in an accurate, clear, professional and legible fashion
- Ensure any interaction pertaining to service user is documented on all records.
- Alert the Team Leader/manager immediately to any significant risks or problems arising or observed within the Personal Wellbeing service.
- Effectively manage information, particularly confidential information, within statutory duties and information governance policies.
- Promote and ensure departmental compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, and ethical responsibilities.
- Ensure all incidences/near misses are reported via Ulysses’ system in accordance with policy.
- Ensure adherence to lone working policy and local processes.
- Ensure case management documentation is maintained to the expected audit standards.
- Ensure data capture systems are fully accurate and completed on day of activity.
- Complete and maintain SMART action plans and assessments to the required standards.
- Complete session and end of service reports as per required framework.
- Complete signposting/referral forms as required.
- Use IT efficiently to support your role.
- Ensure you have agreed working protocols set between multi-disciplinary agencies and share information appropriately.
- Make full use of the information systems available to you such as Intranet, email.
- Save all relevant work on share-point.
- Report any issues relating to IT as per process.
- Maintain any Cascade System requirements you are responsible for on the HR personnel system.
- Ensure during induction period you familiarise yourself with all Forward Trust policies.
- Keep up to date with relevant legislation changes, best practice and read all communication received.
- Take on other reasonable tasks and responsibilities as deemed appropriate by Line Management.
- To actively identify any training requirements, continued professional development and support needs and inform line manager.
- To independently travel around whole region as required.
- Knowledge of the issues facing service users in the criminal justice sector.
- Excellent experience of working in Probation or Personal Wellbeing services such as families, lifestyles, emotional well-being and social inclusion.
- Demonstrable experience of managing high caseloads, carrying out risk/ comprehensive assessments, SMART action plans and effective case records
- Experience of delivering both 1:1 and group-work interventions using motivational techniques
- Knowledge and or experience of the criminal justice sector
- The ability to set and stick to professional boundaries
- Ability to work effectively with key partners in order to successfully deliver projects
- Demonstrate the ability to organise workload , ensuring effective time management and prioritisation to meet targets
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the principles of equal opportunity and GDPR requirements including client confidentiality
- Experience of strong communication skills with people from a range of backgrounds in a sensitive, supportive and professional manner
- Proactivity – Quick thinking with a high level use of initiative
- Resilience – Solves problems, takes learning on board from mistakes to aid personal and professional growth
- Adaptability – Can work in fast-paced changing environments
- Confidence – Has confidence in own abilities, has good eye contact and able to communicate clearly and concisely
- Team Work – Works in harmony with colleagues to deliver results
- Open to Feedback - Open to constructive feedback in order to further develop
- Personal experience of addiction/imprisonment (Addicts in recovery should have at least 3 years clean time. Ex-prisoners, should have been released at least 5 years ago).
- Any qualification in advice & guidance, counselling or PTTLLS
You will require a DBS check for this role. We are able to process a DBS Check for you for you which is a requirement for this position.
The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present and is not intended to be exhaustive. The job holder is expected to accept reasonable alternations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary. Significant adjustments may require re-examination under the Job Evaluation scheme and shall be discussed in the first instance with the Job Holder.
If you would like to apply or want further information please contact email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.